Monday, June 15, 2009

Master Grade Reaction

After reading this review on Master Grade, I felt it was necessary to try it out. I have to say I am very impressed by this software. It was so easy to input all the information and all the calculations are done for you. The attendance is great as well since I go in daily to write in attendance. I feel that all of the strengths listed previously are all there and very appealing to any teacher.

One drawback I found was when calculating the final averages. When trying to include all of the previous data from this year, I could not label the categories to say what term it was. I was left with other term and miscellaneous. I would hope that there would be some way to fix this so that I would not have send reports home to parents that would confuse them more.

Also, if someone is planning on using this program, it is important to make sure that the whole school is on board. This program would be really great for all teachers in the school to use because then report cards would be easy. Putting all of the information in at once would be the best way to print them out or email them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment